HRBA: Justice & Security Sector Reform
This annual IHRN training programme aims at enhancing the skills of justice sector personnel, consultants, managers etc, in applying Human Rights Based Approaches to Justice & Security Sector Reform. The programme is designed for people working in the justice & security sector (with state or non state institutions) or undertaking Rule of law/Governance assignments (eg UN, EC Framework Contract Lot 7 - Governance and Home Affairs) as well as justice sector personnel wishing to adapt their expertise for international consultancy work.
Knowledge and skills enhanced include:
- The legal principles, policies & practice underpinning human rights based approaches to justice sector reform
- The inter-linkages between justice sector roles (law enforcement, judiciary, corrections/rehabilitation, etc)
- The relationship between the justice sector and related terms; 'security sector', 'rule of law', 'good governance'
- Human Rights Based needs assessment, programme design, implementation, as well as monitoring & evaluation
- Programming tools & checklists (including benchmarks & indicators of human rights change)
- Case studies from national contexts as well as international field missions (including conflict and post-conflict)
- Teamwork, advocacy, strategic partnerships and consulting opportunities
Application forms may be downloaded from the following link:-
completed the application in full and return together with your most recent CV to email@example.com