Writing a Winning Proposal – A How to Course for NGOs
Today there are more opportunities for NGOs to apply for funding than ever – but at the same time, the applications get more competitive. Great, convincing proposals and amazing projects are a basic requirement to have a chance of winning a grant. In this two-day course, you will learn everything about proposal writing that you need to know with an experienced trainer to be able to maneuver the complicated world of fundraising.
The aim of the training is to help organizations and fundraising managers to maneuver the complicated world of fundraising and to know how to write a compelling and ultimately successful proposal. The training uses real-life examples, case studies, and interactive exercises to illustrate effective techniques and strategies. It will be conducted in English.
Who should attend?
- NGO managers and executive directors
- Fundraising and development professionals for local and international NGOs
- Funders for International NGOs, Academic Institutions, UN and other multilateral organizations
- Non-profit consultants and consulting firms
October 22, 2019
Understanding the basics of proposal writing The funding cycle
What types of different proposals do exist What are the common reasons for proposals to be rejected
Parts of the proposal I
- Cover Letter
- Project Rationale/Project Background
October 23, 2019
Parts of the proposal II
- How to set Project Goals and Objectives
- Understanding the difference between Project Strategies and Activities
- Designing Project Results
- Beneficiaries of projects – multifaceted perspectives
- Designing Budget
- Developing a Timeline
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Identifying Risks and Assumptions
- Importance of Sustainability Plan
Before you submit
What will you learn?
- What different kinds of proposals exist
- In which cases you should use which kind of proposal
- What are the main reasons for proposals to fail
- What are the parts of a proposal
- How to write a cover letter
- How to write a proposal with all the important parts
- What to keep in mind before you submit a proposal
The course will be delivered through mixed-use of presentation, case-study examples, role-play and lively discussions in several sessions covering all steps vital to a successful application.