Leadership Behavior - Flex
This course provides new, engaging tools designed to help you become a more effective leader. Using the ‘four frames’ model of leadership, the course explains how to choose your leadership behavior strategically and respond to context in an agile manner. It provides structured opportunities for you to reflect on challenges, share ideas, and strengthen your abilities. Further, it will reveal your tendencies for ‘framing’ leadership situations and help you identify your blind spots. Across three weeks you will complete 7 modules presented in compelling 20-minute lessons designed to fit your schedule. Based on a proven curriculum from The Maxwell School of Syracuse University, USA, this course is facilitated by Humentum and Syracuse University. The Maxwell School was ranked first overall in a number of academic disciplines related to Public Management in 2019.
Listen to Humentum's SocialEx podcast with Tosca Bruno-van Vijfeijken.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Identify your leadership and decision making
preferences and tendencies
- Use the concepts from the Maxwell school research to explain why different people may look at the same situation very differently
- Practice applying the research and theories to key case studies, and working through the possible outcomes with your peers
- Articulate clearly the differences between leadership and management in both a symbolic and political framework
- Compare and contrast different leadership models within the Four Frames model (organizations as machinery, human resources, political, and symbolic)
- Create an action plan to develop your leadership skills in all four frames
- Keep a learning log