Online Course on Digital and Cyber Diplomacy
This course aims to equip participants with the practical skills to make the best use of digital tools in pursuing diplomatic objective. It will also help them understand better the challenges and difficulties digital technologies pose for diplomacy. At the same time, it will help them better understand the broad range of problems being generated in cyberspace and how diplomacy can be applied to managing them. It will help learners make the best use of digital tools in promoting diplomatic objectives, and develop effective strategies for managing the multiple problems thrown up by the growing cyberspace.
At the end of the course, participants should be able to:
- Identify the range of diplomatic tools available to facilitate and promote different diplomatic activities;
- Develop digital diplomacy strategies in pursuit of broader foreign policy objectives;
- Identify the key problems of internet governance and how diplomatic mindsets and techniques can be applied to managing them;
- Distinguish between the different aspects of cybersecurity and the challenge they pose to governments, companies and society;
- Be able to apply diplomatic approaches to managing cybersecurity challenges.