RedR India Hostile Environment Awareness Training (HEAT)
This is a five-day course which will cover principles and practical application of risk management, personal security, team security and safety issues. It is a must for all managers, volunteers and professionals desiring to engage with the Government, UN agencies, NGOs, Red Cross and other humanitarian organizations in humanitarian work. Given the prevailing security environment in the world, the contents of the course are relevant to individuals engaged in different sectors. To attend this course one need not necessarily be performing a security related function.
The overall aim of the course is to enhance participants’ understanding on the principles of risk management with special emphasis on Personal Safety and Team Security; and to build their skills on personal and team security management.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Explain the importance of understanding individual and team roles in the security environment of their operations.
- Describe measures to reduce personal and team vulnerability to a range of threats against their safety and security.
- Build necessary skills so as to become confident in operating relevant equipment and procedures for enhanced safety.
Who is this course meant for?
This course is ideal for:
- Individuals (professionals/volunteers) engaged and/or interested in the field of humanitarian aid and disaster risk reduction work.
- Security personnel and staff working for NGOs, INGOs, UN Organizations, Donors and Private Sector.
- Program and operational staff working in the complex humanitarian emergencies or in insecure location.
What does the course cover?
- Radio communication
- Safety under weapon fire
- Security Strategies
- Incident Reporting and Analysis Navigation and Map Reading exercise
- Security of field assets Security Planning and Documentation
- Security Management Framework: An overview
- Kidnapping, Abduction and Hostage-taking
- Navigation: Map Reading GPS
- Context Assessment and Analysis
- Risk Assessment Travel Safety
- Landmines and UXOs
- First Aid and CPR
- Dealing with military, soldiers etc.
- Gender-based violence and sexual assault
- The course also provide a real time experience of volatile situation through simulation
The course is facilitated by trainers with extensive experience of conducting assessments and undertaking relief work. Throughout the training emphasis is on active learning through participatory group exercises, case studies and scenarios, learning games, and focused discussions. All RedR India trainings are planned and presented in collaboration with relief agencies and specialist organizations. Informal exchange of experience is a vital part of every course with trainers and participants bringing in real life examples.
To register for this course, please click participant registration form. Your registration will be confirmed on receipt of the completed form and course fee. If you have any queries regarding the training or you face any difficulty in filling the registration form please write to us at email@example.com or you can call us directly on our office phone number provided below.