Project Management for Development Professionals (PMD Pro 1)
PMD Pro 1 is a five-day introduction to project management in a humanitarian and development context. This certified course covers the basic concepts, terminology, and tools of project management used by NGOs and will allow participants to develop an understanding of the principles and methods of project management within the context of international development projects. The course is assessed by a one hour, closed-book multiple choice exam.
WHAT DOES THE COURSE COVER:
- Projects and the project life cycle including why projects fail
- Project identification and design including an overview of needs assessment, stakeholder analysis, problem and objective trees and logical frameworks
- Project initiation
- Project planning including work breakdown structures, network analysis and GANTT charts
- Project implementation including RACI and HR plans
- Project monitoring, evaluation and control including M&E plans, SMART indicators and change plans
- End of project transition
BY THE END OF THE COURSE YOU WILL BE ABLE TO:
- State the major roles and responsibilities of the project manager throughout the project life cycle
- State the relationships between the phases and deliverables of the project life cycle
- State the major sector–specific contextual factors that are unique to the work of project teams in the international development and humanitarian sector
PMD Pro is a three-level certification sequence. RedR is authorised to deliver the full PMD Pro programme. Please contact us if you are interested in all three levels of the certification.
Kindly register to the course through here.