Proposal Writing as a Consultancy Skill
This course provides practical knowledge and experience in writing funding proposals, in developing essential global health consultancy skills and the do’s and don’ts of working in the international arena.
It gives participants an introduction to consultancy and current trends in international cooperation and enables them to apply concepts and principles of proposal writing, development and design within the context of international health.
Participants learn about proposal formulation according to the rules of an international donor and how to use analytical and design tools such as situational analysis and log-frames. The course also focuses on improving participants’ personal writing skills.
The course includes the following topics:
- Consultancy and Current Trends in International Cooperation
- Proposal Writing
- Effective Proposal Writing Techniques
- Essential Elements of Proposal Development
- Proposal Formulation According to the Rules of an International Donor
- Using Analytical and Design Tools such as Situational Analysis and Log Frame
- Case Studies Gates Foundation and Global Fund Proposal Development Based in Low and Middle Income Countries
- Criteria for Proposal Evaluation
- Peer Assessment of Project Proposal Documents
The overall objective of this course is to enable health professionals and managers and students to understand and apply the concepts and principles of proposal writing within international health and to improve their personal and technical skills for in proposal writing.
At the end of the course the participants will be able to:
- Develop and write a proposal targeting international health donors / clients
- List key steps and common mistakes in a proposal application process
- Use analytical and design tools necessary for proposal development
- Define and apply the principles of effective proposal writing
- Analyse the team approach to developing a proposal
- Develop and use criteria for assessment of proposals
To register please follow the link to our online registration: