Reporting Skills & Professional Writing
REPORTING SKILLS & PROFESSIONAL WRITING
This flexible, self-paced, practical course will teach you how to:
- Reduce wasted time and deadline stress
- Persuade your readers to take action - supporting good project decision-making
- Create more impactful writing - impressing managers and donors
You will learn how to:
- Set reporting objectives and select the most appropriate data collection methods
- Analyse the data and draw conclusions / identify lessons learned
- Plan your writing around the report objectives and reader's needs
- Organise your ideas in a logical, persuasive way
- Communicate clearly and in a way that keeps your readers interested and alert
- Edit like a professional
CLEAR & PRACTICAL LEARNING
The course addresses the challenges faced by development professionals in reporting and professional writing in a way that allows for maximum practical work. While you will get all the theory you need, we want you to learn the steps and tools in a way that you can apply time after time after the course is over so that:
- You will always know what to do each time you report
- Your reports will be actionable - contributing to better managed, more responsive projects and better results
- Your reports will take less time, are less stressful and of higher quality
HOW IT WORKS
- Immediate Access To The Entire Course
As soon as you sign up you get immediate, lifetime access to all the course materials - downloadable course videos (so you can study offline, too), worksheets and extra materials. You can also join discussions, leave comments and share experiences with other participants and the instructor.
You can work at your own pace - starting when you want, and working at whatever times suit you best. The entire course should take 30 - 40 hours, including all the tasks and developing your own report for your Personal Work Review.
- A Personal Work Review
We want your certificate to be based on real achievement. At the end of the course, you can send your own report for personal, one-to-one feedback from the instructor.
After you have completed all the modules you will be issued your certificate.
You will also learn some key tools and tips you won't find anywhere else - such as how to adjust your writing style to different readers, or how to Mind Map using Mindjet's game-changing software to drastically increase your ability to manage and analyse complex information.
For 20 years we have taught people how to integrate this tool at every stage of reporting, project planning and proposal writing to better:
- Plan projects
- Plan and draft their writing
- Gather and organise data
- Analyse information
This is something you won't learn anywhere else and will transform the way you work.
What Others Say
"I wish I had taken this training sooner, as I have a made a lot of errors in the past in writing proposals. But now - whether in writing a sentence, a report or a proposal - I have a magic skill!"
- Oxfam GB
"It was a practical training that dramatically transformed the acceptability of our reports to donors and our chance of securing funding in this highly competitive funding environment."
- SOS Sahel
"The most useful and practical training I have participated in in years."
- Africa Conservation Centre
"I am grateful that Sasakawa selected me for this training. Report writing had been a major problem for me throughout my career. This is the best job-related training I have ever had. "
- Sasakawa Africa
"This training should be done for all staff of any institution to build the capacity of their teams. The training was beyond our expectations - not only because of the skills and knowledge I have gained, but how Neil inspired me and instilled confidence in me."
- UNOCHA Somalia
Welcome From Course Instructor Neil Kendrick
Hello - and thanks for checking out this course! I’m truly excited to teach you the vital skills involved in becoming a successful report writer.
For over 20 years, I've been helping development professionals like you to better communicate their successes and lessons learned - leading to better project decisions and more satisfied donors. From my worldwide experience, you’ll quickly learn what works and what doesn't.
I’ve developed this practical, step-by-step course for all those aspiring professional writers who couldn't join our face-to-face training due to time, work, travel and cost constraints. Now - without having to book time off, or jump on a plane - you'll soon be able, at your own pace, to:
- Free yourself from deadline panic by having a process you can follow every time you have to report
- Capture lessons learned and opportunities to deliver project results
- Consistently turn out actionable reports that support good project decisions
With my guidance, you’ll soon be following a straightforward process that is guaranteed to reduce stress, save time and get better results - time after time. Applying even just a small part of what you learn on this course will increase your project's efficiency and lead to more effective decisions - and, just like donors, we all want results and value for money. Flying to a training, with all its extra costs, can often run into 1000s of dollars per person: think about air tickets, hotel bills, training fees, daily allowances and - of course - interrupted projects - it all adds up. And for less than the travel costs alone, in just a few moments you could have:
- Access to a complete, structured, step-by-step practical training based on 1000s of hours experience in helping development professionals like you write reports that have impact and support good development decisions - all downloadable so you don't miss a thing
- A personal review of your work to back up your certificate
So join me now, on this journey towards reporting skills and professional writing.
Why Study Online With Us?
When considering Reporting Skills training, there are many benefits that make online study with ELD a practical, economic, flexible and effective investment, such as:
- Downloadable Lesson Videos you can always refer to so you don't miss a thing
- No Travel Costs - no hotels, planes and daily expenses to budget for
- Flexible & Practical Learning - work at your own pace without interrupting your work or ongoing projects
And our 20-year track record of success helping development professionals like you better communicate their project results and success, keeping their donors happy in the process.
See the full course curriculum and enroll at: https://eldtraining.teachable.com/p/reporting-skills-professional-writing