Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (PMEAL)
Monitoring and evaluation (M&E) is an essential component of project cycle management. It helps project implementers to demonstrate that donor aid/government spending on interventions is meeting certain required standards. But most importantly, that it is achieving/or has achieved the set strategic objectives of an intervention.
Development partners/humanitarian actors are now switching to what we call “Planning, Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability & Learning (PMEAL)” as an approach to M&E, as opposed to the traditional approaches into the same. The PMEAL is more stakeholder-oriented, results-focused, encourages learning and drives accountability on the part of project implementers.
It targets middle-level managers, Project Managers, Project Coordinators, Accountants, Personal Assistants, Entrepreneurs, Business Executives, Human Resource Managers, Team Leaders of private and state corporations, NGO’s and anyone seeking to enhance their professional skills.
The programme will cover key topics including;
· Introduction to Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E)
· M&E in Project Cycle & Design Review
· M&E Framework
· Selecting M&E Indicators
· M&E Planning
· M&E Systems
· M&E Costing/Budgeting
· Monitoring Practice, Learning & Reporting
· Evaluation Practice, Learning & Reporting
· Organizational Learning & Decision Making
· Accountability and Stakeholder Participation
· Stakeholder Learning, Communication & Information Sharing