Online Diploma Course in Humanitarian Nursing
ONLINE DIPLOMA COURSE IN HUMANITARIAN NURSING
Deadline for Registration: 31st July 2018
Mode of Learning: Online Learning
Start Date: 1st August 2018 ;End Date: 31st January 2019
Course Duration: Six Months (2 hours per day)
Disasters and conflicts have a direct impact on health situation.
Nursing and general health service delivery within humanitarian context are a complex processes that requires special skills and psychological preparations.
Nursing expertise is recognized to be essential skill but is not sufficient for one to participate in humanitarian work. Understanding the affected community, cultures and good preparation contributes to humanitarian work effectiveness.
This course aims to prepare health professionals especially nurses for humanitarian work.
Learners will develop skills to be able to manage issues and problems that arise in complex humanitarian environments with reference to health service delivery.
Learners will gain great understanding of humanitarian principles, values and ethical issues in practising humanitarian nursing.They will also learn about humanitarian programme cycle and how effective health management benefits this programming. Public and clinical health issues that face vulnerable groups in humanitarian situations will be explored.
To better prepare nurses and other health personnel to undertake humanitarian work effectively.Course Outline
- Introduction to Humanitarian Operations
- Humanitarian Values and Principles
- Understanding the Cultures of the Community Affected
- Personal Preparedness for Nursing Vulnerable Populations
- Principles and Practice of Public Health
- Disaster Healthcare Management
- Nursing and midwifery in humanitarian environments
- Psychological and Mental Health Management
- Access to course materials on E-Learning Platform
- Online interaction with Course Moderators
- Monthly assignments
- 20 Page Project Paper
- End of Course Examination
Cost: Amount €1000 per Person
Kindly send an expression of interest to:
The Training Manager