Diploma of Advanced Studies in Humanitarian Action
The Diploma of Advanced Studies (DAS) aims to offer professionals a strong understanding of the contemporary humanitarian challenges through a comprehensive overview of conceptual and operational aspects of humanitarian past and present crises. Their study will allow participants to acquire the necessary tools in order to analyze, understand and engage in critical reflection on the response to nowadays humanitarian emergencies.
Over the course of their studies, participants will:
- Analyse the historical, geopolitical and social origins of humanitarian crises
- Acquire methodological and conceptual tools in order to reflect on contemporary humanitarian action
- Reflect on their own practice
- Identify the trends and dilemmas of contemporary humanitarian action
Once the students successfully complete the Diploma of Advanced Studies in Humanitarian Action's full programme according to CERAH requirements, they obtain a joint degree delivered by the Graduate Institute of International and Development Studies (IHEID) and the University of Geneva (UNIGE), and accredited by the Swiss Agency for Accreditation and Quality Assurance (AAQ).
The DAS addresses to:
- Professionals in humanitarian and /or development organizations who want to improve their competencies as well as reflect and capitalize on their experiences
- Professionals from other sectors who wish to deepen their understanding of the contemporary humanitarian challenges
The DAS is taught in English however, students are offered the alternative to take written tests and write their Diploma final paper in French.
The DAS is limited to 20 students per year.
To submit your application:
- duly fill in the form on the online enrollment platform
- upload all requested documents (check your scholarship eligibility beforehand: see paragraph below)
- register to the correct programme
You will receive a confirmation by e-mail.
Should you have any question, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org