Master of Advanced Studies in Humanitarian Action
The MAS offers postgraduate-level education focused on building in-depth competencies for managers. It provides participants with a strong understanding of the central conceptual and operational aspects of humanitarian action and the capacity to define and implement strategic humanitarian responses. CERAH provides an open and welcoming learning environment and fosters an interactive community of students, researchers and professionals located in international Geneva and beyond.
The MAS in Humanitarian Action: General Objectives
Over the course of their studies, participants will:
- Reflect on their humanitarian experience from an interdisciplinary perspective
- Acquire methodological, conceptual, and practical tools in order to improve humanitarian intervention strategies
- Build upon their existing analytical skills through the critical analysis of contemporary humanitarian crises, using case studies from armed conflicts, disasters triggered by natural hazards, and situations of social exclusion.
- Develop specific competencies in areas such as health, law, communication, advocacy and negotiation, programme and people management.
Lectures are delivered by academics and experts from a wide range of NGOs and international organisations.
The programme is highly interactive based on students’ professional experience, case studies, group work, role-play, debates. The classroom setting is intercultural with participants with a wide diversity of backgrounds and experiences.
MODULAR set-up for maximum FLEXIBILITY
The multidisciplinary programme is built from different modules: Core programme (3 months) and related research work (1 month), 2 elective courses (7 weeks each), dissertation. This modularity allows for students to complete the Master's in 1 to 3 years:
- 10- to 12-month full-time programme in one academic year starting in September (this is the only option for scholarship beneficiaries)
- 10- to 12-month full-time programme starting in January
- flexibility over 3 years by taking each module individually
Please contact our administration team to discuss all your options and find the modularity that fits you best: email@example.com.
Apply on CERAH's Online Application Platform: http://apply.cerahgeneve.ch/