Youth Development Management Skills
This program focuses on the full range of management roles and tasks that a youth development worker, may need to perform. The program begins by exploring the concept of management and the theories informing the practices of management. It then focuses on showing you how you can manage both the resources and the staff you are responsible for in order to complete the tasks you need to manage, and it also guides you through the management of organisational development and change. Key management processes are covered in detail, including managing time, managing yourself, managing resources, staff development, budgeting and monitoring expenditure, and managing communication and information technology.
When you successfully complete this program, you should be able to:
- Demonstrate awareness and commitment to the management tasks that are important in the delivery of youth development work.
- Identify and discuss the key theories, approaches and styles that inform the practice of contemporary management, particularly in the not-for profit sector.
- relate theories and approaches of management to the principles and practice of youth development work, in order to ensure that your management style is appropriate.
- outline key areas and processes of management, such as organisational change, staff development, monitoring of expenditure and budgetary control, project management, critical path analysis and management of information and communication technology.
Who Should Attend?
- Department heads of youth focused institutions.
- Young Leaders
- Professionals responsible for youth project designing and management, in government departments, corporates and NGOs.
- Youth Workers.
Project Management overview
Managing in the not-for-profit sector
Role of the not for profit sector
Non Governmental Organizations
Managing youth development work
Tasks and roles
Critical path analysis
Budgeting and monitoring expenditure
Managing human resources in youth targeted projects
What managers do for others
Managing organisational change
Models of change management
Common management problems
Issues in developing countries
The action-learning cycle
Practical writing skills
Planning ICT use
Please follow this link fro registration (http://www.matsh.co/en/youth-workers-courses/managing-youth-projects-and...)