Post Graduate Diploma in Water, Hygiene and Sanitation Online Course
Online Post Graduate Diploma in Monitoring and Evaluation (M/E)
Deadline for Registration: 31st July 2018
Mode of Learning: Online Learning
Start Date: 1st August 2018 ;End Date: 30th July 2019 ( 12 Months)
Course Duration: One Year (2 hours per day)
Strategia is an International management training organization that provides capacity building services in health. safety and security and in humanitarian actions.
Monitoring and Evaluation is part and parcel of humanitarian and development work . M/E processes begin with project design through planning , project implementation and impact assessment. M/E systems help track plans and provide verifiable indicators for activities planned and implemented. It is a very important activity in decision making processes that affects the success or failure of a project.
The course takes the learners through Monitoring and Evaluation results chain from project planning, outputs, outcomes through impact.The course will help participants to understand the key elements of M/E such as information gathering , data collection and knowledge management which are key attributes in decision making for effective programme interventions.
The course targets development professionals such as Monitoring and Evaluation Managers and M/E officers, researchers, planners, project managers and project officers keen on results based development. .
Why Choose this Course?
Monitoring and Evaluation has become a very important sector in development work.The course will be delivered by M/E practitioners with extensive field and technical on experience in project planning , project implementation and in M/E results based approaches. Monitoring and Evaluation has become one of the most marketable careers in humanitarian and development work.
- Correlate Project Management to Monitoring and Evaluation
- Understand monitoring and evaluation and its functions and why M/E is important in development programming
- Describe the functions and main components of an M&E plan
- Understand conceptual and results frameworks as well as logic models
- Describe how logical frameworks are used for M&E planning
- Understand the criteria for the selection of indicators and describe how they are linked to frameworks
- Identify types of data sources, data analysis and data management
- Describe how M/E findings can be used for project decision-making and planning
Course Content Modules
- Introduction to Monitoring and Evaluation
- Deciding on what and how to monitor during project design
- Deciding the key outputs and outcomes (results) expected of the programme
- Determining results using logic models
- Planning a project using the logical framework approach
- Developing a Monitoring and Evaluation Matrix
- Indicators, Outputs, Outcomes and Impacts
- Monitoring and Evaluation Frameworks
- Monitoring Plan
- Monitoring and Evaluation Tools and Methods
- Data collection , Data Analysis and Data Management
- Stakeholder Analysis
- M & E Reporting
- Communicating M&E findings to initiate learning, project improvement and project ownership
- Developing a practical Monitoring and Evaluation System for your project
- Access to course materials on E-Learning Platform
- Online interaction with Course Moderator
- Monthly assignments
- Mid Term Examination
- Project Research Project
- End of Course Examination
Course fee: Amount €1500
To register for this course, kindly contact:
The Training Manager