All you need to know about financial support to third parties
In the last years, the EU has increased its interest in using financial support to third parties as a key component of EU external aid Actions. This means that Grant beneficiaries must be equipped to act as donors within their EU-funded project, i.e. to award financial support to small CSOs, grassroots organisations or other types of entities to implement activities relevant to the action they are implementing. Financial support may be a "grant in cascade" not necessarily following a call for proposals. Other award procedures are also possible, In any case, the persons/entities receiving Financial Support are the final recipients of the EU funds. This is allowed provided that the objectives or results to be obtained are clearly detailed in the Description of the Action, at proposals stage.
Take this eLearning course to know how to deal with this project activity, from proposal stage to award of financial support to third parties to reporting and auditing.
The course makes reference to the procedure of the PRAG 2016 for all Grants financed by DG DEVCO and DG NEAR.
Available from 1st October 2018
To provide the key information and practical tools to ensure a smooth implementation of financial support to third parties within EU-funded projects.
At the end of the course you will be able to:
- Know when it is possible to include financial support to third parties
- Provide the needed information at proposal stage
- Organise competitive processes (e.g. call for proposals) to award financial support
- Monitor the Actions of the beneficiaries of financial support
- Reporting on financial support to third parties
Module 1: Propose financial support to third parties
- Let’s analyse the key information from the guidelines for applicants of calls for proposals
- Who are the third parties of financial support?
- Checklist of key elements to be provided at proposal stage
Module 2: Select the beneficiaries of financial support
- The different types of selection procedures
Calls for proposals
Preparation activities: call announcement, full details of the call for proposals, publication of the call
Proposals reception, evaluation and selection
Supporting evidence of the evaluation process
Module 3: Award of financial support
- Signature of agreement with the beneficiaries of financial support: key responsibilities of both parties
- Start up of financial support: briefing to third parties on the use of EU funds
- Other activities of capacity development
Module 4: Monitoring and Reporting
- System of control set up to verify the eligibility of costs
- Reporting expenditure of beneficiaries of financial support
- Supporting evidence to be kept
Methodology: how to participate?
This is and interactive self-paced eLearning: you will be able to follow the course at your own pace, through your computer, laptop or mobile phone.
After subscription, you will be addressed to the punto.sud Academy eLearning platform and subscribed to the course. You will have 30 days, from the first access, to complete the course.
At the end of the course, you will be required to fill in an evaluation form and you will be able to download the certificate of attendance.