Youth and Sustainable Development Strategies
This program provides strategies for Youth Sustainable Development Projects. It is also explores the need to raise awareness about sustainable development for young generations, addressing the importance of the balance between development process and environmental protection. In this program, we present the key role that young people can play towards the sustainable development. As stated in Rio Declaration on Environment and Development 1992: “Principle 21: The creativity, ideals and courage of the youth of the world should be mobilised to forge a global partnership in order to achieve sustainable development and ensure a better future for all.”
When you successfully complete this program, you should be able to:
- Increase your knowledge of the sustainable development and environmental issues that affect youth around the world.
- Provide you with the skills that will enable you to contribute to positive change in the present state of the environment.
- Work with a youth group to design and undertake an environmental/ sustainable development-related project.
- Enable you to lead and support group activities that will help to promote environmentally sustainable development.
- Design a project that gives clear expression to the principles of sustainable development.
- Evaluate projects in terms of their contribution to sustainable development.
Who Should Attend?
- Professionals of environment and Sustainable development departments.
- Youth Workers, in government departments, corporates and NGOs.
- Student activities coordinators.
- Professionals responsible for policy formulation and strategy development in youth focused organizations.
- Young Leaders
- Schools and universities educators.
Youth and sustainable development
Opportunities for young people
International Youth Federation (IYF)
The Caribbean Youth Environment Network (CYEN)
Youth as initiators
Youth as activists
The social environment
The relationship between the environment and development
Youth concerns and Responses
Sustainable Development Project Elements
Sustainable Development Strategies
The World Resources Institute model
Environmental and technological objectives
Economic and socio-cultural objectives
Socio-economic and cultural objectives
The World Bank approach
The sustainability matrix
Sustainability as opportunity
Youth and Sustainable development Practical Case Studies
Young Conservationists Club (YCC), Thailand
Fiji National Youth Council (FNYC)
Association of Friends of Nature Clubs (ACAN), Cameroon
JEMS, St. Vincent and the Grenadines.
Please follow this link for registration (http://www.matsh.co/en/youth-workers-courses/youth-and-sustainable-devel...)