Getting funds from DG ECHO: Single Form A to Z
The European Union, through its Directorate General for Civil Protection and Humanitarian Aid Operations (DG ECHO), is one of the main donors for humanitarian aid actions, implemented by NGOs, UN agencies and International Organisations.
DG ECHO is often seen as a very flexible donor for implementation issues, but at the same time a very demanding one in terms of information to be provided at proposal stage. For this reason, the application process may, at times, seems too burdensome for humanitarian aid workers, which may be discouraged in applying for DG ECHO funding.
Through this series of webinars, you will get an in-depth overview of the proposal preparation process, from the analysis of DG ECHO funding instruments (decisions, HIP, technical annexes and operational priorities), the overview of the format and main functionalities, to conclude with indications on mandatory information to be inserted in each section and specific tips / best practices on relevant topics.
The contents of this course are based on the latest guidelines and tools available (e.g. Single Form guidelines, Gender-Age Marker toolkit, Visibility Manual and so on).
The webinar is divided into 3 lessons of 1:30 hours each and is delivered on-line. You can apply to the full course or just to one or more sessions.
To ensure an in-depth knowledge of DG ECHO application procedure and develop skills in preparing good project proposals on the Single Form format.
At the end of the course, you will:
- Be able to prepare project proposals clearly responding to DG ECHO priorities;
- Know the Single Form format, the modular approach and the technicalities;
- Properly fill in all sections and subsections according to DG ECHO requirements and policy indications.
Methodology: how to participate?
The course is delivered on-line, in a virtual classroom. All what you need to participate is a computer and Internet connection. Each session is facilitated by one or more trainers who will share information, suggestions and best practices with participants, with the support of ppt presentations, websites presentation and other materials. During the webinar sessions, you will be able to interact with the trainers and the other participants with questions and comments.
In case you will not be available at the established time, all sessions are recorded and can be followed whenever you can.
At the end of the course, a certificate of attendance will be sent to all participants.
Lesson 1 – DG ECHO priorities and introduction to the Single Form format
- Overview of the Funding Decision system and HIP analysis
- Presentation of Single Form format, modular approach, main functionalities
- Preparing the needs assessment
- Analysing beneficiaries’ characteristics
Lesson 2 – DG ECHO logical framework and quality controls
- The logframe section: specific structure
- Indicators: KOI and KRI
- Transfer modalities tab
- Gender-age marker and resilience marker
Lesson 3 – Finalising the proposal: financial information, visibility and coordination
- Financial information and budget format
- Visibility requirements
- Coordination, monitoring and evaluation
- Tips on remaining sessions