Free Online Course: Disaster Risk Reduction and Management
Disasters have devastating consequences. They cause deaths, the destruction of property and infrastructure, mass displacement, social and economic disruption and damage to the environment. Although floods, earthquakes, typhoons and other natural hazards can’t be prevented, their impact on communities can be limited through Disaster Risk Reduction and Management (DRRM) practices.
Developed by the Humanitarian Learning Centre, this new online course explains how we can use Disaster Risk Reduction and Management to understand risk and vulnerability, prevent a hazard from becoming a disaster and mitigate its impact by making communities more resilient.
At the end of the course, you will:
- Have developed a solid understanding of DRRM key concepts, models and frameworks
- Have understood the importance of adopting a people-centred approach to DRRM
- Have the confidence to put into practice the most recent learning and knowledge around DRRM
Key features of the course
- Target audience: Mid-level managers working for NGOs or local government, interested in expanding their knowledge of DRRM
- Language: English
- Duration: approximately 5.5 hours
- Cost: Free
- Format: interactive online course (8 modules)
- Personalised certificate at the end of the course
Click here to register on our learning platform Kaya