Gender Analysis and Planning
Development planners and NGOs are increasingly committed to incorporating a gender perspective into their programmes. However, many face challenges in its practical and systematic application to their work. This course will enable you to effectively and systematically analyse contexts and plan development and humanitarian programmes from a gender equality perspective.
1 Objectives of the course
By the end of the training participants will:
• Have explored the intrinsic relationship between gender and development
• Be able to integrate gender into contextual analysis, and to use gender analysis frameworks effectively
• Be better equipped to integrate gender into strategic and operational planning
• Have acquired methods of creating gender awareness within development practice.
2 Intended audience
This course is intended for gender advisers in NGOs and UN agencies, and development practitioners with an interest in gender mainstreaming.
3 Core content areas
• Historical overview and policy approaches to gender in development
• Conceptual exploration of gender and development terms
• Gender analysis: Tools and frameworks
• Analysing gender and: (according to participant interest)
• Human rights
• Health and HIV/Aids
• The environment
• Violence against women
• Strategic planning and gender
• Operational planning and gender
To apply for this course, please complete an online application: https://www.intrac.org/how-we-work/training/application-form/
For more information hon this course or any of our other courses, please contact the INTRAC Training Team: Phone: +44 (0)1865 263040/201851, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Web: www.intrac.org/how-we-work/training/