Enhanced Performance & Strategic Management
The Performance Management course equips delegates with the skills and techniques to ensure staff perform to the peak of their abilities. It is designed for those who manage the day-to-day performance of staff. The program outline is up to date and pertinent to marketplace requirements, thus catering well to all analytical prediction of training needs in the specified area. A customised proposal can also be arranged, to suit the training requirements of your team.
Having completed this Performance Management course participants will be able to:
- Understand the aims of performance management
- Identify acceptable standards of performance
- Conduct effective reviews of performance
- Set SMART objectives
- Manage the performance of the ‘star’, the ‘plodder’, the ‘peaked’ and the ‘poor’ employee
What is Performance Management
- responsibility for getting the best results from staff
- performance not personality
- structuring expectations
- importance of planning
Standards of Performance and Behaviour
- considering the circumstances
- the skills needed
- understanding the skills
- assessing the skills
- setting the standards
- SMART objectives
- team and individual objectives
Types of Performance
- approaches for managing the performance of the four types of employee – the ‘star’, the ‘plodder’, the ‘peaked’ and the ‘poor’
- in addition, managing the performance of those who think they are brilliant but who actually are mediocre!
- the role of the leader
- attributes of a leader
- maintaining authority and respect
- leadership styles
- achieving results through others
- improving individual performance
- Motivation – The Vital Ingredient
- motivation factors
- motivational techniques
- practical steps in motivation
- different people with different needs
- the value of ongoing performance management
- evaluating progress and achievement
- maintaining flexibility to business change
- recognising and closing performance gaps
- revising standards
- the role of coaching in performance management
- adapting your style
- organisational alignment
- making skilled interventions
- giving constructive feedback and praise
- link to appraisals
Who should Attend?
Managers and directors looking to motivate an manage a team of employees and be able to increase their efficiency and effectiveness.
- All our courses can be facilitated as Customized In-House Training course.
- Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
- As for Open Enrolment Courses, we offer our clients the flexibility to chose the location, date, and time and our team of experts who are spread around the globe will assist in facilitating the course.
- The course fee includes facilitation, training materials, 2 coffee breaks, buffet lunch and a Certificate of successful completion of Training.
- FREE Consultation and Coaching provided during and after the course.
Please send a registration request through the Register option on the course page: http://zoetalentsolutions.com/course/enhanced-performance-strategic-mana...