Child Rights and Why They Matter: UNICEF Agora Online Training
Whether you've been working on child rights for your entire career and know the Convention on the Rights of the Child by heart, or whether you're new to the concept of a child rights approach...this light-hearted and engaging introduction to UNICEF's mandate as it relates to child rights will make you think.
JOIN THE Child Rights and Why They Matter UNICEF ONLINE TRAINING and:
- Transform and/or refresh your understanding of child rights and a child rights approach
- Learn about UNICEF’s mandate in relation to child rights
- Apply a child rights lens to your everyday work and life
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Transform and/or refresh your awareness, understanding and appreciation of child rights and a child rights approach in a memorable and lasting way;
- Describe child rights, and explain how a child rights approach differs from other approaches, such as child-focused/child-centred, charity and welfare approaches;
- Explain and describe UNICEF’s mandate as it relates to the promotion, protection and fulfilment of children’s rights;
- Describe UNICEF’s engagement in supporting implementation of the Convention on the Rights of the Child;
- Communicate with partners and personnel about raising awareness and understanding of child rights and a child rights approach, thus cascading the training by word-of mouth;
- Start thinking about ways in which to apply what you have learned to your everyday work and life.
This course is composed of a single, short, self-paced module. Each section introduces 'key messages' illustrated by colorful cartoons, followed by a short video providing more information. The videos feature UNICEF personnel and partners, children, teachers and members of the general public from around the world. The videos are available with or without audio description. A final activity encourages you to reflect on the learning for each section and, finally, the course as a whole.
This course is composed of eight sections:
- Child rights and their importance for UNICEF
- Child rights in relation to human rights, needs and well-being
- A child rights approach
- Making a difference through a child rights approach
- Applying child rights: a child rights and equity approach to our work
- Responding to difficult questions about child rights
Free and open to all on Agora. Create an account and access the course at http://bit.ly/childrightsmatter