E-learning course on IPC version 2.0 - Acute Food Insecurity Classification
This e-learning course, entitled Integrated Food Security Phase Classification (IPC) - version 2.0, provides an overview of IPC approach. The goal of this course is to provide guidance on how to use IPC tools and procedures specifically focused on acute food insecurity.
The target audience of the e-learning course includes:
- Food security analysts, technical staff, field personnel who are involved in the collection, management, analysis, and reporting of food insecurity information.
- Mid-level managers, policy formulators and programme managers who are involved in monitoring progress in poverty reduction, and meeting food security goals and targets.
The course consists of 11 lessons, of approximately 15 to 150 minutes duration each:
- Lesson 1 Introduction
- Lesson 2 Why use the IPC?
- Lesson 3 Building Technical Consensus
- Lesson 4 IPC Analytical Approach and Overview of Tools
- Lesson 5 IPC Analytical Framework
- Lesson 6 IPC Reference Tables and Analysis Worksheets
- Lesson 7 Key Parameters for the IPC Classification
- Lesson 8 IPC Classification Procedures Step by Step
- Lesson 9 Communicating for Action
- Lesson 10 IPC Quality Assurance
- Lesson 11 IPC Implementation process
FAO, in its position as IPC Global Partner, has developed the full course and made it free on its e-learning centre as part of the "Improved Global Governance for Hunger Reduction Programme”, which is funded by the European Union (EU) and implemented by FAO.
Course is available online, may be available also for download and CD-Rom order. Please Register to see the options and take the course.