Jordan and neighboring countries: Earthquake - Feb 2004
Most read reports
- Middle East and North Africa: Humanitarian Atlas (2018) [EN/AR]
- Jordan & Neighboring Countries: Earthquake - Situation map
- Jordan and Neighboring Countries: Earthquake - Information Bulletin n° 1
- Lebanon: LAF and UNIFIL conduct joint exercise in natural disaster response
- Moderate earthquake rocks Middle East countries
The United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (UNOCHA) Regional Office for the Middle East and North Africa (ROMENA) supports disaster response and preparedness activities in 20 countries by working closely with Humanitarian Coordinator’s (HC)/Resident Coordinator’s (RC) offices, OCHA Country Offices and Humanitarian Advisory Teams (HATs).
Naqoura, Lebanon - An exercise in large-scale disaster response was conducted on 10-11 August jointly by the Lebanese Armed Forces (LAF) and the United Nations Interim Force in Lebanon (UNIFIL), in cooperation with a number of government and non-government organizations in the village of Srifa in south Lebanon.
The two-day exercise entitled "United Beacon" was based on a fictitious scenario of an earthquake measuring 6 on the Richter scale, resulting in several casualties in southern Lebanon.
The exercise aimed at enhancing the coordinated capability of all the …
Tel Aviv/Amman (dpa) - A moderate earthquake rocked countries in the Middle East on Wednesday, shaking buildings and sending people running into the streets in panic.
Disaster Relief Emergency Fund (DREF) Allocated: n/a