Bangladesh: Cyclone - May 1994
Most read reports
- UNDP: Bangladesh: UNDP and Government sign multi-million dollar disaster management deal. 21 Jan 2003
- UN DHA: Bangladesh - Cyclone May 1994 UN DHA Information Reports 1-4. 2 May 1994
Earlier today, the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) and the Government of Bangladesh signed an agreement to launch a USD 14.444 million initiative, aimed at substantially reducing the impact of natural and man-made disasters on the people of Bangladesh over the next five years.
BANGLADESH - CYCLONE
2 MAY 1994
1. POWERFUL CYCLONE PROGRESSING BANGLADESH FROM BAY OF BENGAL WITH WINDSPEEDS UP TO 210 KM/H. EXPECTED TO LAND EARLY EVENING GMT.
2. PREPARATIONS MADE TO EVACUATE HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE. NEVERTHELESS HUGE DAMAGE EXPECTED FROM STORM AND FLOODS.
3. AUTHORITIES HAVE ISSUED ALERTS. SHIPS MOVING OUT OF PORTS OF CHITTAGONG AND MONGLA AND NATIONAL AIRLINE CANCELLED FLIGHTS TO CHITTAGONG.