- Main characteristics of emergency: Stable but fragile due to failure by different actors to adequately address the root causes
- Outlook: Food insecurity expected to peak between January to March 2012. Politically motivated violence leading to displacements towards election period
- Most affected groups: Food Insecure rural households, Migrants who have been forcefully returned from neighbouring countries, asylum seekers and refugees from horn of Africa and Great lakes regions, the displacement affected populations, children suffering from chronic and acute malnutrition, rural populations without access to basic WASH and health services, HIV/AIDS and unemployment affected
- Most affected areas: Matebeleland Provinces, parts of Masvingo province and Parts of Manicaland Province
- Main drivers of the crisis: Slow implementation of the Global Political Agreement, inadequate recovery/development assistance, poor weather patterns
- UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs
- To learn more about OCHA's activities, please visit https://www.unocha.org/.