● During week no 11, 2014; 96% (236/247) health facilities from 10 governorates provided valid surveillance data.
● The total number of consultations reported during the week in 10 governorates was 74798 compared to 73202 the previous reporting week.
Acute respiratory tract infections (ARI), acute diarrhea (OAD) and suspected malaria (S.Mal) were the leading cause of morbidity this week.
● A total of 115 alerts were generated by eDEWS system in week 11, 2014; Of these, 94 alerts were verified as true for further investigations with appropriate response.
● Altogether 49 alerts Measles, 13 C.Leishmaniasis, 11 Pertussis, 6 AVH, 4 each for Dengue fever and Meningitis, 2 each for Bloody Diarrhea, Acute Flaccid Paralysis and NNT, and 1 Schistosomiasis were received and responded.
● Online disease surveillance and response system was launched in 4 governorates (Aden, Abyan, Lahj and Taiz) in March 2013 and the expansion phase has started in 6 Governorates (Sana'a City, Hodaidah, Hajjah, Ibb, Al-Mukalla and Sa'da) in November 2013. Ongoing on site trainings to improve weekly reporting and immediate notification are underway in all governorates.