- Revision of the Flash Appeal has been finalised at a local level. Activities are planned under the Flash Appeal until the end of December 2009, beyond which humanitarian activities will be incorporated in the 2010 Yemen Humanitarian Response Plan (YHRP).
- The draft 2010 YHRP is under review at headquarters level. The overall aim of the YHRP is to respond to critical humanitarian needs which have been triggered, or in some cases exacerbated, by civil conflict. It will also address issues affecting the whole country, including child malnutrition and food security, the impact of refugees arriving from the Horn of Africa, and the Early Recovery response to the 2008 flooding in Hadramout. The YHRP will be made public as part of the global launch of the Consolidated Appeals Process (CAP) on 2 December 2009.
- Lack of access to some conflict-affected areas continues to hamper provision of humanitarian assistance. The supply route to Sa'ada town was closed for nearly three weeks in October, blocking twelve trucks with relief items. Although the route was reopened on 31 October, the situation remains unpredictable. The potential for using an alternative side road to provide assistance is being explored.
- UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs
- To learn more about OCHA's activities, please visit https://www.unocha.org/.