I. HIGHLIGHTS/KEY PRIORITIES
· The 2012 Yemen Humanitarian Response Plan, seeking US$447 million to address the acute humanitarian needs of 3.7 million people, was launched on 14 December.
· In accordance with the political transition agreement signed last month, some checkpoints have been lifted in the capital. However, a heavy military presence remains in some areas.
· Violence between pro- and anti-government factions continued in Sana’a and Taiz, with one incident alone resulting in at least 9 deaths.
· In Sa’ada Governorate, violence reportedly also continued between Al-Houthis and Salafists in the town of Dammaj as well as other towns in the governorate.
· The Security Council called on all parties to ensure the political transition in Yemen stays on track, reiterating the need for unimpeded humanitarian access.
- UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs
- To learn more about OCHA's activities, please visit https://www.unocha.org/.