• The mid-year review of the 2013 Yemen Humanitarian Response Plan (YHRP) confirms persistent humanitarian needs.
• The mid-year funding-level of the YHRP has decreased from 43 per cent in 2012 to 38 per cent 2013.
• More than 50,000 IDPs living in Hajjah Governorate with limited access to basic health services.
• In May, 255,730 students in Abyan, Aden and Lahj only sat for exams after protestors lifted their disobedience campaign.
• 200,000 Yemenis have been expelled from Saudi Arabia where laws have been tightened against migrant workers without the required documentation.
• 71 per cent of water in west Al Hudaydah and Hajjah Governorates is contaminated with Escherichia coli (e.coli).
- UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs
- To learn more about OCHA's activities, please visit https://www.unocha.org/.