Period covered by this Final Report: 20 February 2006 to 31 January 2007.
History of this Disaster Relief Emergency Fund (DREF)-funded operation:
- CHF 63,900 (USD 49,708 or EUR 40,985) allocated from the Federations DREF on 24 February 2006 to respond to the needs of this operation, or to replenish disaster preparedness stocks distributed to the affected population.
- This operation was expected to be implemented in four months, and completed by 30 June 2006. In line with Federation reporting standards, the DREF Bulletin Final Report (narrative and financial) was due 90 days after the end of the operation (by 30 September, 2006). The activities carried out with the funds from DREF were finalised within the timeframe of the operation (by the end of June 2006). Nevertheless, the report covers a period until the end of January 2007, when a persistent problem between the NS and the contractor regarding the construction of bathrooms at the camp was solved.
The International Federation undertakes activities that are aligned with its Global Agenda, which sets outfour broad goals to meet the Federation's mission to "improve the lives of vulnerable people by mobilizing the power of humanity".
Global Agenda Goals:
- Reduce the numbers of deaths, injuries and impact from disasters.
- Reduce the number of deaths, illnesses and impact from diseases and public health emergencies.
- Increase local community, civil society and Red Cross Red Crescent capacity to address the most urgent situations of vulnerability.
- Reduce intolerance, discrimination and social exclusion and promote respect for diversity and human dignity.
For further information specifically related to this operation please contact:
- In Yemen: Dr. Abbas Zabarah, Secretary General, Yemen Red Crescent Society; e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org; phone: +967 129861; fax: +967 1283131
- In Yemen: Tenna Mengistu, Federation Representative, Yemen Delegation; e-mail email@example.com; phone: +967 71196006; fax+967148187
- In Geneva: Evgeni Parfenov, Federation Regional Officer, MENA Department; email firstname.lastname@example.org, phone: +41 (0) 22 730 43 25; fax + 41 (0) 22 733 0395
All International Federation assistance seeks to adhere to the Code of Conduct for the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement and Non-Governmental Organizations (NGO's) in Disaster Relief and is committed to the Humanitarian Charter and Minimum Standards in Disaster Response (Sphere) in delivering assistance to the most vulnerable.
For longer-term programmes in this or other countries or regions, please refer to the Federation's Annual Appeal. Forsupport to or for further information concerning Federation programmes or operations in this or other countries, or for national society profiles, please also access the Federation's website at http://www.ifrc.org