· Humanitarian operations in Yemen will come to a halt within two weeks, and hospitals in Sana’a and Aden will close down, unless additional fuel is imported. Fuel shortages have also affected water supply in many places.
· Markets in the 19 conflict-affected governorates are incapable of providing all necessary food supplies, according to WFP. Where available, retail prices of wheat grain and wheat flour rose by 42 percent and 44 percent, respectively, in April compared with February.
· The health care system in Yemen is facing an imminent collapse, According to WHO, facilities are struggling to operate amid increasing shortages of medicines and vital supplies, and frequent power disruptions. Market prices of essential medicines have increased by more than 300 per cent.
- UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs
- To learn more about OCHA's activities, please visit https://www.unocha.org/.