• The humanitarian situation in the southwestern governorates of Aden, Lahj, Taizz, and Al Dhale’e continues to deteriorate at an alarming rate, as violence increases and basic services grind to a halt.
• The northern governorates of Sa’ada, Hajjah and Amran face increasing levels of displacement due to airstrikes. Insecurity has limited access and the provision of assistance.
• The death toll reached 1,976; 27 May was the deadliest day so far with reports of at least 80 people killed and 300 injured. The conflict is now entering its third month.
• Restrictions and delays in commercial imports continue to cause food and fuel scarcity, forcing health and water facilities to shut down and increasing malnutrition rates.
• Humanitarian capacity to respond to the most urgent needs remains limited, with efforts to scale up currently underway.
People in need
Registered deaths resulting from conflict
Registered injuries resulting from conflict
People who have become food insecure since escalation of conflict
- UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs
- To learn more about OCHA's activities, please visit https://www.unocha.org/.