Yemen: Cyclone Chapala Flash Update 1 | 3 November 2015
• Tropical Cyclone Chapala made landfall on mainland Yemen on 3 November and early reports point to substantial flooding, including in the country’s fifth largest city, Mukalla.
• Based on current projections the estimated number of people that may be affected by Cyclone Chapala is 1.1 million or more – mainly in the two governorates of Shabwah and Hadramaut.
• Initial reports suggest more than 40,000 people displaced or temporarily evacuated from coastal areas and at least 450 homes damaged or destroyed
• Early reports of three deaths and 34 injuries
• Humanitarians have pre-positioned stocks and have launched a response.