- The cumulative total from 27 April 2017 to 17 December 2017 is 994,751 suspected cholera cases and 2,226 associated deaths,(CFR 0.22%), 1069 have been confirmed by culture.
- 59.3 % of death were severe cases at admission
- The total proportion of severe cases among the suspected cases is 17.5%
- The national attack rate is 361.19 per 10,000. The five governorates with the highest cumulative attack rates per 10,000 remain Amran (848), Al Mahwit (805), Al Dhale’e (643), Abyan (494) and Hajjah (479).
- Children under 5 years old represent 28.3% of total suspected cases.
- In total, 24,129 rapid diagnostic tests (RDT) have been performed which represents 24.3% coverage.
- 2,535 cultures have been performed which represents 22.8% coverage.
- The last positive culture was on 4 Dec 2017 in Kuhlan affar district.
- 95 districts did not report any suspected case the last three consecutive 3 weeks.
Governorate and District level
- At governorate level, the trend from W48-W50 decrease or was stable in all governorates.
- The weekly number of cases is decreasing for the 14 consecutive weeks.
- The weekly proportion of severe cases has significantly decreased representing now 10% of the admitted cases.
- 7,7622 suspected cases and 1 associated deaths were reported
- 10 % are severe cases
- 615 RDTs were performed, 99 were positive
- 0 Positive culture