The cumulative total from 27 April 2017 to 14 Jan 2018 is 1,035,676 suspected cholera cases and 2,244 associated deaths, (CFR 0.22%), 1100 have been confirmed by culture.
59.2 % of death were severe cases at admission - The total proportion of severe cases among the suspected cases is 16.8% - The national attack rate is 376 per 10,000. The five governorates with the highest cumulative attack rates per 10,000 remain Amran (880), Al Mahwit (836), Al Dhale’e (644), Hajjah (508) and Sana’a (503).
Children under 5 years old represent 28.6% of total suspected cases.
In total, 27,047 rapid diagnostic tests (RDT) have been performed which represents 26.1% coverage.
2,662 cultures have been performed which represents 23% coverage.
The last positive culture was on 19 Dec 2017 in Al-Sabeen district in Amanat Al-Asimah - 236 districts are still reporting suspected cholera cases since last 3 weeks
69 districts (out of 05 affected districts ) did not report any suspected case s for the last three consecutive weeks
Governorate and District level
- At governorate level, the trend from W52 2017-W2 2018 decrease or was stable in all governorates except (Al Bayda governorate) (+50%) and (Raymeh governorate) (+64%)
- The weekly number of cases is decreasing for the 18 consecutive weeks.
- The weekly proportion of severe cases has significantly decreased representing now 10% of the admitted cases.
Week 2 2018
- 5,251 suspected cases and 3 associated deaths were reported
- 10 % are severe cases
- 471 RDTs were performed, 93 were positive
- No culture test was performed this week