-The cumulative total from 27 April 2017 to 7 Jan 2018 is 1,029,717 suspected cholera cases and 2,241 associated deaths, (CFR 0.22%), 1094 have been confirmed by culture.
59.3 % of death were severe cases at admission - The total proportion of severe cases among the suspected cases is 16.8% - The national attack rate is 373 per 10,000. The five governorates with the highest cumulative attack rates per 10,000 remain Amran (877), Al Mahwit (832), Al Dhale’e (644), Hajjah (504) and Sana’a (498).
Children under 5 years old represent 28.6% of total suspected cases.
In total, 26,568 rapid diagnostic tests (RDT) have been performed which represents 25.8% coverage.
2,662 cultures have been performed which represents 23% coverage.
The last positive culture was on 19 Dec 2017 in Al-Sabeen district in Amanat Al-Asimah
241 districts are still reporting suspected cholera cases since last 3 weeks.
64 districts (out of 305 affected districts) did not report any suspected cases for the last three consecutive weeks
Governorate and District level - At governorate level, the trend from W51 2017-W1 2018 decrease or was stable in all governorates except (Sana’a governorate (+14%)
- The weekly number of cases is decreasing for the 17 consecutive weeks.
- The weekly proportion of severe cases has significantly decreased representing now 10% of the admitted cases.
Week 1 2018
- 7,794 suspected cases and 3 associated deaths were reported
- 10 % are severe cases
- 628 RDTs were performed, 128 were positive
- No culture test was performed this week