• As of 24 November 2016, 103 cases of cholera have been confirmed in 31 districts with 8 cases of deaths from cholera.
• A total of 6121 of suspected cases are reported in 86 districts.
• During the week 18 to 24 November 13 new confirmed cases and 1,295 suspected cases were reported.
• Incidence rate is 3 cases per 10,000.
• Case fatality rate (CFR) for the cholera associated deaths is 1.2 %,
• WHO and partners established and supported 26 Cholera Treatment Centers in 24 districts.
As of 24 November 2016, a total of 103 cases have been confirmed by laboratory testing in 31 districts from 12 governorates out of the total 495 samples tested (Table 4). Additionally 6,018 suspected cases(excluding the confirmed cases) reported in 86 districts. The cases are reported from Abyan, Aden, Al-Bayda, Al-Dhale'e, Amanat Al Asimah, Al Hudaydah, Amran, Hajjah, Ibb, Lahj, Sana’a, and Taiz governorates. Cumulatively, 8 cholera confirmed deaths have been reported from Aden, Hajjah, Sana’a, Ibb and Amran. A total of 76 cholera associated deaths (including the confirmed and suspected cases) were reported as of 24 November, so the case fatality rate (CFR) for the cholera associated deaths is 1.2%.
- UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs
- To learn more about OCHA's activities, please visit https://www.unocha.org/.