UNICEF Yemen Humanitarian Situation Report, 27 May - 2 June 2015 [EN/AR]
· As of 1 June, UNICEF has provided fuel supply for pumping water across 11 cities in the Sana’a, Hodeidah, Aden, Lahj, Abyan, Sa’ada, Amran, Damar, Ibb, Taiz and Hajjah Governorates, reaching a total of 7.3 million people.
· Psychosocial support, and awareness raising sessions on child protection risks were provided to over 25,000 people, including over 22,000 children (9,000 girls and 13,000 boys) and almost 3,000 parents. This was done in partnership with the Ministry of Social Affairs and Labour (MoSAL), through both emergency psychosocial teams and child friendly spaces in the Al Dhale, Hodeidah, Hajjah, Amran and Al Bayda Governorates.
· Over 4,500 severely malnourished children were admitted to therapeutic programme in Amran, Hodeidah, Hajjah, Al Bayda, Ibb, Taiz, Al Jawf, Shabwa and Aden Governorates.
· Some 190 temporary latrines were installed in Abs and Hayran Districts of Hajjah, bringing the total to 680 latrines for 2,072 IDP families, reaching a total of 14,505 individuals.
· During the reporting period, 12 children have been killed and 30 children maimed– the majority of which took place in Aden and Hajjah (12 children in each governorate), followed by Amanat Al Asima (10 children), Al Dhale (4 children), Dhamar (3 children) and Sana’a (1 child). Five children were observed manning check points in the Taiz Governorate, while 3 others were observed at a checkpoint in Al Hodeidah Governorate.