Humanitarian Bulletin Yemen, Issue 03 – 8 May 2012
· 967,000 children under the age of five are estimated to suffer from acute malnutrition, with 267,000 children at risk of dying without proper nutrition interventions.
· A huge outbreak of measles is now under control, reports WHO.
· 13 children were killed and another 12 injured by land mines or unexploded ordnances (UXOs) in the first three months of 2012.
· UN Deputy Humanitarian Chief Catherine Bragg visited Yemen.
· More funds, capacity building for national NGOs and early recovery are some challenges facing the Yemen humanitarian team going through the mid-year review of the 2012 Humanitarian Response Plan.
To learn more about OCHA's activities, please visit https://www.unocha.org/.