The following syndrome has been flagged:
• Acute Fever and Rash: Federated States of Micronesia, French Polynesia, Samoa, Tonga
• Diarrhoea: Cook Islands
• Dengue-like illness: Kiribati
• Kiribati reports an increase in dengue-like illness cases. Since 21 March 2018, 95 samples have been tested, of these 22 tested NS1 +ve using Dengue duo RDT kit. There have been 3 hospitalised cases, no deaths have been reported. Samples have been sent to reference laboratory for confirmation. Source: Kiribati MHMS
• There are ongoing dengue serotype-2 outbreaks in American Samoa, Fiji, Vanuatu. The weekly number of cases (dengue serotype-2) reported has decreased significantly in Tonga and Samoa.
• Dengue serotype-1 outbreak is ongoing in Wallis and Futuna. For further details please refer to Patrick Lambruschini’s PacNet post on 9 May 2018.
• New Caledonia has an ongoing outbreak of dengue serotype 1 and 2 (82% of cases are serotype-2). There have been 72 hospitalised cases since 1 January 2018.
• Increase in ILI cases reported by the Republic of Marshall Islands. For week ending 27 April there were 18 samples collected of which 12 tested positive for Influenza A; 10 were positive for Influenza A (H3N2) and 2 were positive for influenza A (H1N1)pdm 09. Source: RMI MoH
• There is an ongoing Meningococcal disease outbreak in Fiji. As of 10 May there have been 65 cases. Vaccination of children using Meningoccal C (monovalent) vaccine will commence on 14 May. Source:Fiji MHMS
• There are ongoing outbreaks in Chuuk and Yap State (FSM) and Vanuatu.