The following syndromes were flagged this week:
• Acute Fever and Rash: Fiji, Tonga, French Polynesia, Vanuatu, FSM
• Prolonged Fever: Vanuatu
• Ongoing dengue situation in Vanuatu with 86 suspected cases as of 27th February, 2018. Of these cases, 25 confirmed cases by NS1 or IgM and samples and pending PCR and Serotyping at Institute Pasteur in New Caledonia (IPNC). For further details please refer to Sit Rep posted by Ms Wendy Williams, MoH Vanuatu earlier today.
• Ongoing dengue outbreak in Northern Division with the outbreak declared in the Western Division of Fiji last week. Dengue serotype-2 has been identified by the Institut Louis Malarde, French Polynesia for the outbreak in the Northern Division. Source: Ministry of Health and Medical Services Fiji.
• Vanuatu: As of 23rd February, 2018 there have been 301 reported cases thus 18 new cases from the last Sit Rep provided on the 15th February, 2018. For further details please refer to Sit Rep posted by Ms Wendy Williams, MoH Vanuatu on the 23rd February, 2018.
• 11 suspected cases reported in Chuuk State, FSM as of 27th February, 2018 with surveillance ongoing. For further details please refer to situational summary provided by country state and shared earlier today.