The following syndromes have been flagged:
· Acute Fever and Rash: French Polynesia, Palau, Tokelau
· Influenza-like Illness: : Federated States of Micronesia (FSM), Solomon Islands
· Diarrhoea: FSM, Niue, Samoa, Solomon Islands
· Prolonged fever: Tuvalu
Tropical Cyclone Winston
· Category 5 Tropical Cyclone Winston hit Fiji on 20-21 February causing widespread damage to infrastructure, buildings and loss of communication. There have been 42 reported deaths and approximately 45,000 people that are currently seeking shelter in evacuation centres. A 30 day State of Natural Disaster has been declared. Source: Media
· Tropical Cyclone Winston hit Tonga’s Vava’u twice in the week ending 21 February, initially as a Category 2 storm, before turning and strengthening to pass the same island group as a category 4. Major damage was to the Agriculture section with also some damage to buildings. Source: Media
· American Samoa: reports an additional four confirmed (RT-PCR) cases; there are now 8 confirmed cases in total.
· French Polynesia: there were 88 confirmed cases and one death for week ending 14 February 2016 of which 4 were hospitalised. Dengue serotype 1 is in circulation. Source: French Polynesia Ministry of Health.
· Increasing numbers of Influenza-like illness cases have been reported from Solomon Islands. Samples have been collected to send for laboratory confirmation.