The following syndromes have been flagged:
· Acute Fever and Rash: French Polynesia
· Influenza-like Illness: Solomon Islands
· Diarrhoea: Federated States of Micronesia (FSM), Fiji, Samoa
· Prolonged fever: Solomon Islands
· Marshall Islands: confirms its first case (RT-PCR confirmed) out of 6 samples sent to Hawaii State Laboratory. The case is a 25 year old woman, pregnant at 12 weeks gestation with no travel history. There have been three suspected cases this week, samples will be shipped for confirmatory testing to Hawaii on 22 February 2016. Source: Ministry of Health Marshall Islands.
· Fiji: Four suspected cases have been reported all of which had recent travelled to a country affected with Zika. Investigations are pending. Source: Media
· Tonga: Outbreak is ongoing with over 800 cases reported. Source: Ministry of Health Tonga.
· There have been 205 suspected cases in American Samoa. The outbreak was declared following the receipt of four(out of 25 samples) confirmed (RT-PCR) cases. One of the confirmed case includes a pregnant woman. Source: Media
· ** Fiji**: increasing numbers of Dengue-Like Illness (DLI) have been reported for week ending 14 February 2016. Source: Fiji Syndromic Surveillance System.
· French Polynesia: there were 55 confirmed cases for week ending 7 February 2016. Dengue serotype 1 is in circulation. Source: French Polynesia Ministry of Health.
· Increase number of cases reported from Solomon Islands. Investigations are pending.