The following syndrome has been flagged:
· Diarrhoea: Federated States of Micronesia (FSM), Tokelau, Tonga
· Influenza-like illness: Solomon Islands, Vanuatu
· Prolonged fever: Tuvalu
· American Samoa has declared a public health emergency following the confirmation of dengue serotype-2 by the Hawaii State laboratory. As of March 9 2017 there have been 179 suspected cases of which 8 were laboratory confirmed cases since 2 November 2017. Source: American Samoa Department of Health.
· There is an increase in the number of dengue cases reported in Fiji, dengue serotype-2 has been identified in circulation. Peri-focal spraying is ongoing in areas where dengue cases have been reported. A nation-wide “Fight the bite campaign” will be launched on 18 March 2017. The clean-up campaign will be for four weeks. Source: Fiji Ministry of Health and Medical Services.
· Vanuatu: dengue serotype-2 outbreak ongoing with 1,995 cases as of 16 March 2017, including 68 hospitalisations (since Nov 2016). The weekly number of cases is decreasing. Source: Vanuatu MoH
• New Caledonia: As of 14 March 2017 there have been 1,523 cases since 1 September 2016. There have been 3 deaths reported. Dengue virus serotypes 1, 2 and 3 are in circulation. Source: Department of Health & Social Affairs, New Caledonia