• The volume of monitored commodities increased significantly by 44 percent in the month of May owing to increased availability from on-going harvests.
• Maize grain traded increased by 31 percent, with flows from Mozambique to Malawi being highest (Table 1).
• Volumes of maize meal traded increased by 94 percent. Flows from Zambia to DRC have been dominant (Table 2).
• Rice volumes increased marginally by 6 percent, with flows from Tanzania to Zambia being largest (Table 3).
• Dry bean volumes traded were up significantly by 74 percent, with the large volumes being moved from Zambia to DRC; and from Mozambique to Malawi (Table 4).