- This compendium is designed for use by staff working directly with communities - e.g. health workers and community volunteers working with disabled and older people and their families in rural areas of sub-Saharan Africa.
- A few examples of technologies are presented that families can adapt to suit their needs and budgets.
Many more options are possible.
- Most of the ideas are suitable for disabled and older people, but are not only for them. As we get older, many of us find it increasingly difficult to squat and balance, or we might be injured or sick. These technologies might also make facilities easier and more comfortable to use by everyone in the family.
- The ideas are designed to be suitable for household facilities, not for institutional facilities - e.g. schools and clinics - although some ideas might also be useful in these settings.
- This publication and all images in it are free to download here: www.inclusivewash.org.au/