Note for readers
- All supply and demand figures are FAO forecasts and estimates based on official and unofficial sources.
- Cereals include: wheat, rice and coarse grains. Coarse grains include: maize, barley, sorghum, millet, rye, oats and NES (Not Elsewhere Specified).
- All elements of utilization for wheat and coarse grains are expressed in grain equivalent.
- For rice, all elements are expressed in milled terms.
- Non-food use includes post-harvest losses, seed use, feed use and industrial use for all cereals.
- ‘-‘ means nil or negligible.
- The source of the population figures is the “2019 Revision of World Population Prospects” prepared by the Population Division of the Department of Economic and Social Affairs of the United Nations Secretariat.