October 26, 2010 - 5pm (Viet Nam time)
This report is the last Situation Report for the flooding in Central Vietnam. The relief support matrix will be continuously updated to provide further information.
- Number of death: 143 (floods 1-5/10/2010 and 14-19/10/2010)
- All upstream floods completely receded on the 23rd of October and downstream river water levels are down
- No disease outbreaks reported
- Ha Tinh People's Committee has submitted a comprehensive report about the double flooding containing an updated request for emergency and recovery support
- Besides the relief provided by the Government and the Viet Nam Red Cross, a number of NGOs have provided additional relief and are developing early recovery interventions. National governments have also made donations directly or through the IFRC appeal
- Over the next 2 to 4 days, there is a risk of flooding in provinces from Thua Thien Hue to Khanh Hoa due to heavy rainfall.