• 17,105 children (69 per cent of target) have been immunized for measles in Shefa, Sanma and Tafea Provinces, Vanuatu. The immunization campaign (measles and rubella) continues on Tanna.
• Participants in a UNICEF-supported orientation produced eight books for children and 10 posters for children and caregivers on psychosocial support.
• Approximately 10,000 affected children to be reached in Tafea Province through Ministry of Education & Training with UNICEF education supplies this week.
• 2,596 mothers of children under 24 months of age received basic infant and young child feeding practices counselling in Sanma Province.
• 37 per cent of the affected population reached in two provinces with hygiene kits through cluster coordination led by the government with UNICEF support • Full consignment, (enough for all children), of school supplies expected to arrive on the most affected islands of Tuvalu.
• Detailed assessments expected from affected islands in Kiribati and Solomon Islands after delays due to slow boat travel