• Community-based, Government-led assessments in affected areas are now underway. There are now 11 teams deployed across 13 islands in Shefa and Tafea provinces, using Vanuatu Government personnel in partnership with Australian, French and New Zealand military assets alongside Tonga and Solomon Island Patrol boats and commercial assets.
• The first round of food distribution has been completed in:
Shefa Province: Shepherd Islands, islands surrounding Efate (3,100 people) and Epi (7,600)
Tafea Province: Aneityum, Aniwa and Futuna.
Malampa Province: Paama
Torba Province: Mere Lava (100 households)
• The first round of food distribution close to completion in:
Efate Province: Efate rural, Port Vila urban and peri-urban (18,500 households)
Tafea Province: Erromango (only Cooks Bay to be completed)
Malampa Province: Ambrym (1,500 households)
• The first round of food distribution is still underway in:
Penama Province: Pentecost, Maewo (4,800 households)
Tafea Province: Tanna
• As of 1 April, the WASH cluster provided hygiene kits to approximately 20,000 people.
• There are 8 Foreign Medical Teams (FMTs) and 2 military medical teams in-country working across 3 provinces: Shefa, Tafea and Malampa.